Thursday 5 February 2009

Prelim

I hope you all did well in the Prelim.

I think it was pretty fair and the only problem I would say is that sometimes it is a test of English that sometimes throw people off. And by that I mean students sometimes write the wrong answers when if it was explained in plain English they would be able to rattle off 2,000 words.

Unfortunately that is a problem that has to be met for the final exam.

I have told you that the cut off scores will be inflated by 5% to help for appeals.

Students who totally blow the exam will have to drop down to Int 2. For those students we will see on an individual basis whether it is better for them to sit the Int 2 NABs or to complete the remaining Higher NAB.

For borderline candidates we will talk and see what you feel about it.

And again, I am not being Mr Nasty here. It is just that our job is to make sure you guys all achieve and do not fail. It is better to pass at Int 2 than fail the Higher.

I will try my best to get it marked and returned for you by Monday, but I do have another Higher to mark also. So please don't go mad if it is not done. And again... some other subjects may have it marked quicker than me but that is because they either have only one Higher class or they have more members of staff and they can divide the workload!

I hope you all did well and we shall soon find out!

No comments:

JumpUp Small Business Stories

Start a Business with JumpUp.com
Role Of Manager
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: management business)
Methods Of Production
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: education operations)